Well we have 2 months of marriage under our belts,
and hopefully many more to come!
I just felt like writing today cause I had a lot on my mind,
especially about marriage....
(probably cause I'm reading a book called Marriage Rebranded by Tyler Ward)
I'm not sure about anyone else that is a newlywed but my
recent thoughts about the bliss of just getting married
and starting a wonderful life with your best friend and soul mate have kind
of been misguided.
Everyone seems to ask how married life is and to tell you the truth
I feel guilty saying not much different then before we were married...
It seems that I'm supposed to feel extremely different,
and so much happier, or whatever it is that
people perceive is supposed to happen
after the wedding day.
Don't get me wrong I'm so happy that I married my Best Friend and I love
that I get to spend the rest of my life with him but I just don't understand
the whole newlywed stage of marriage (am i missing something?).
In other thoughts, it's very exciting to say my "new" name, and
to be able to say My HUSBAND in conversation,
maybe what I'm missing is the excitement that goes along with being
a new wife because in society marriage is such a different thing then
it was 30 years ago, it seems as if people throw around marriage
lightly these days but in reality it's a big deal to me to say
"for better, or for worse!"
---------------------------------------------
Here are a few pictures from our Mexico Trip!
Day dreaming about the warm weather today and probably
everyday for the next 4 months!
Also, Congrats to my Sister-in-law who got married in Mexico! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment