What an emotional weekend!:)
We got lots of things checked off our wedding to do list!
I have been waiting to do this 1) because of my ankle but 2) because I keep
telling myself I am gonna lose weight and I wanted to look
my best when I tried them on.
In reality you are gonna have to alter the dress most likely, and honestly
you just have to find a dress that makes you look good
no matter what your size is! You will still look beautiful! :)
I started my journey at Pure Bridal in Ames, I had a pretty good
experience I found 2 dresses that I really liked and couldn't decide which
one I would pick if I had to pick between the two, they were
both over my budget so I wasn't 100% sold on the ones
offered there, also I wasn't informed it wasn't a good idea to wear a sports bra
to try on dresses.... (all you could see were the giant straps
and you couldn't get the whole effect of what the dress would look like...)
I needed to go to another place to be sure that there wasn't a better
dress for me then the two I found at Pure Bridal!
Beings that it's only 4 months till my wedding all the shops
I called had a sense of urgency in finding my dress so they could get it ordered...
(Little did I know it can take 4 months just to get the dress...)
So the next morning we went to David's Bridal, I was excited when we walked
in because there were SOO many dresses to choose from (even in plus sizes!)!
Mom, Dad, and I walked around and picked out all the dresses
I wanted to try on, then a consultant got a room ready,
I was surprised when I walked into the room she was carrying a corset and a slip for me.
(Very different from my experience the night before!)
So as I was trying on dresses you could picture exactly how it would look
because I had a bra that didn't show and a slip to help push the shirt out.
After trying on a few we all liked 2 in particular, so we had the girl write those down for us
and we would look over the pictures of them and we would make
a decision. Mom sent like 3 dress pictures to some of our friends
to look at and see what their opinions were.
Well we were shocked when everyone we sent it to picked the SAME dress
and it was not one that we had set aside in the first place....
I had to go back and try that dress on... I couldn't remember what I felt like
in that dress because we hadn't spent much time in it the first time.
When we went back I tried on one of the dresses I liked before and the one everyone
said they LOVED, I knew it was my dress after
the girl played the imagine game with me and I immediately started
balling! That was my dress!
I had such a good experience at David's Bridal and after you pick
your dress you get to ring a bell proclaiming
that you have found the dress that makes you happy! :)
Next mission, Bridesmaid dresses!
(Sorry guys you all have to wait till the wedding to see my dress!)
No comments:
Post a Comment